Often the pressure in the existing water supply system in the country is insufficient. This is common if the system is built on the basis of a storage tank and enters the system by gravity. At best, we have a pressure of 0.8-1 atm. This is not always sufficient even for a shower, and it is possible to connect a boiler or washing machine only at 2 atm. You can solve the problem in two ways. The first is installing a pumping station, which automatically maintains the specified parameters. The method is good, but not always there is the required amount of money. The second output is a pump built into the system, which increases the pressure in the water supply at the dacha. This option is much less expensive. About boost pumps and ways of using them and will go further.
Booster pump: what are
This device is small in size, which increases the already low pressure available. That is, they can not create it from scratch. This device is cut into an existing water pipe and pumps up the water, raising the pressure by 1-3 atm. There are several types of pressure boosting pumps:
- By cooling type:
- with a dry rotor - have a higher efficiency, but more noisy and have larger sizes;
- with a wet rotor - the noise level is low, the dimensions are small, but not very effective, although with increasing pressure in the cottage water supply (and not only) will cope 100%.
- By the way of switching on:
- manual inclusion - when it is necessary to increase the pressure, turn it on, do not need it - turn it off; not very convenient: you need to ensure that the pump does not overheat;
- automatic switch-on - the flow is monitored by the flow sensor; when the crane or other consumer is opened and there is a certain flow rate per second, the pump starts when there is no flow, the pump is switched off;
- Combined models that switch the switch in either mode, then in another mode. Loading...